Are you experiencing pain on your lower back? It might be lumbar (lower back) muscle strain. The lower back supports the weight of the upper body and is involved in moving, twisting, and bending. This makes it prone to muscle strains and sprains.
As a provider of home health care in Woburn, Massachusetts we often encounter patients who experience the following symptoms:
- Lower back pain that may radiate into the buttocks but does not affect the legs
- Restricted range of motion due to stiffness in the lower back
- Inability to maintain normal posture due to stiffness
- Pain that persists for a maximum of 10-14 days
- Muscle spasms either with activity or at rest
You should seek medical attention if you start experiencing symptoms, such as severe abdominal pain, unexplained pain, and loss of control of your bowel or bladder.
Lumbar muscle strain can usually be treated with medication if the pain is mild to moderate. Otherwise, your doctor may recommend physical therapy. Avoid bed rest as this can lead to a loss of muscle strength and increase muscle stiffness.
In need of a physical therapist in the comfort of your own home? You may benefit from home care in Massachusetts. We at EdgeLIFE Healthcare, Inc. will ensure that you have the best professional client-centered care.
We also provide other services such as skilled nursing, homemaking, home health aides, and senior care.